rss
twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Friday, September 19, 2008

Can I just not care for once?

Yayness! I got a new template for my blog~ no more boring beginner templates that everyone else uses..although there're probably lotsa ppl using this one too.. but still not as many as my previous template, so there!


This morning, I was reading 2 Corinthians chapters 2 and 3.. what struck me was 3:18


But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.


Sometimes, envy gets the better of you.. especially when you're reading blogs, where people only post up the best sides of their faces (I might just be guilty of this), how wonderful their life is, and how much fun they're having all the time. It makes you wish that your life's more like theirs, that you are more like them.


But the Bible says that the person we should be mirroring is Jesus, and not some random blogger or some good-looking superhigh achiever. (Although Jesus was a superhigh achiever I reckon, and probably good-looking too :P ). We should want to be more like Him.


Must. keep. that. in. mind, although it's pretty hard I admit! I reckon I get swayed a tad too much by what the world thinks I should be, rather than what God wants me to be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the template :)